Group Exercise Instructor
|Group Exercise Instructors|
|Hood County YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Must hold nationally recognized group exercise certification from at least one of the following groups: YMCA of the USA, AFAA, ACE, CIAR, NETA, Les Mills or other approved organizations.
• Must also complete required safety trainings including CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse.
• 6+ months of specific skills to teach classes
• Urgent need for Water Aerobics instructors and RPM, as well as other formats.
• Be able to teach / lead exercise classes.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our fitness programs.
• Must be able to articulate the YMCA mission and core values to YMCA members and perspective members.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment on all strength and cardiovascular machines.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional
• Teach group exercise class.
• Must follow scheduled formats, keep accurate records of attendance, make announcements before or after class as requested by director, report faulty equipment to supervisor.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Community- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Inclusion- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
• Relationships- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Influence- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
• Developing Others- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Innovation- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Quality Results- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Change Capacity- Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process.