Afterschool Specialist – Fort Worth ISD
|Afterschool Specialist - Fort Worth ISD|
|McDonald Southeast Community YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday - Thursday 2:30p -6:00p (Some Fridays, evenings and Saturdays for training, events, staff meeting, etc.)|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be High School graduate or have equivalent.
• Minimum of 6 months experience working with children in a structured environment
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff.
• Present self as a good role model.
• Must pass a criminal history background check.
• CPR/First Aid Certified or able to obtain certification upon hire.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift and move materials.
• Ability to lead children in physical activities such as age appropriate sports, games and exercise activities.
• Must attend trainings as it relates FWAS and School Age related trainings per year.
• Responsible for delivering and implementing daily activities at the Afterschool site and for helping children to achieve and learn new skills.
• Directly responsible for the supervision and safety of all children in assigned group at all times.
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and foster a sense of belonging among participants in their group. • • • Must be able to communicate effectively and build quality relationships with children, parents, school personnel and other YMCA staff.