Afterschool Group Leader
|Afterschool Group Leader|
|Benbrook Community Center YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday afternoons; some Saturday training|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older, have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Previous experience working with children preferred.
• Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid.
• Child Abuse prevention training.
• Ability to plan, organize and implement age-appropriate activities.
• Ability to develop positive, authentic relationships with people from different backgrounds.
• Previous experience with diverse populations. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion.
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
1. Supervises the children, classroom, and all activities while implementing curriculum within the established guidelines.
2. Nurtures children through purposeful programming dedicated to building achievement and belonging in youth and relationships among youth and within families.
3. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
4. Makes ongoing, systematic observations and evaluations of each child.
5. Cultivates positive relationships, conducts parent conferences, and maintains effective communication with parents. Engages parents as volunteers and connects them to the YMCA.
6. Maintains program site and equipment.
7. Maintains required program records.
8. Attends and participates in family nights, program activities, staff meetings, and staff training.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Values - Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
• Communication - Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
• Relationships - Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Inclusion - Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
• Decision Making - Makes sound judgments, and transfers learning from one situation to another.
• Emotional Maturity - Accurately assesses personal feelings, strengths, and limitations and how they impact relationships.