Afterschool Group Leader – Fort Worth Afterschool
|Afterschool Group Leader - Fort Worth Afterschool|
|McDonald Southeast Community YMCA|
|Starting at $10.00 per hour; based on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Monday - Thursday 2:30p -6:00p (Some Fridays, evenings and Saturdays for training, events, staff meeting, etc.)|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of 6 months experience working with youth/teens in a structured environment.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with youth, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff.
• Presents self as a good role model
• Must pass a criminal history background check.
• CPR/First Aid Certified or able to obtain certification upon hire.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift and move materials.
• Ability to lead children in physical activities such as age appropriate sports, games and exercise activities.
• Must attend trainings as it relates FWAS and School Age related trainings per year.
• Responsible for delivering and implementing daily activities at the Afterschool site and for helping children to achieve and learn new skills.
• Directly responsible for the supervision and safety of all children in assigned group at all times.
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and foster a sense of belonging among participants in their group. • •