Afterschool Site Coordinator
|Afterschool Site Coordinator|
|Benbrook Community Center YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday afternoons; some Saturday training|
Education & Experience
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• At least 18 years of age.
• Meet TDFPS requirements for a licensed director in the state of Texas.
• Must have a minimum of 6 months leadership experience in a licensed childcare center.
• Experience working with children in a structured environment and YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary.
• Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid.
• Child Abuse prevention training.
• Have working knowledge of the Minimum Standards Rule for Child Care Centers in the State of Texas.
• Must complete all required YMCA trainings by required deadlines.
• Previous experience with diverse populations. Understands the YMCA is a public accommodation committed to inclusion and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
• Ability to plan, lead and participate in activities.
1. Manages, directs and coordinates the school age child care programs for assigned location(s). Ensures high quality programs and establishes new program activities. Assist in the development of annual curriculum calendar, training calendars, timelines and goals.
2. Trains, develops, and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
3. Ensures program operates within budget and that program fees are collected. Supports and budgets for healthy eating through coaching, mentoring, and monitoring menu quality.
4. Assures compliance with federal, state and local regulations as they relate to program areas, including ADA accommodations where appropriate. Ensures that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures followed.
5. Provides for upkeep of assigned program facilities and equipment and ensures the physical environment supports healthy living
6. Maintains proper records/department files.
7. Organizes special events for parents and assist with YMCA fundraising activities.
8. Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information.
9. Compile program statistics; monitor and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in program.
10. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Project Management- Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
• Developing Others - Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
• Influence- Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict.
• Inclusion- Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives.
• Emotional Maturity- Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
• Decision Making- Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
• Relationships- Builds relationships to create small communities.