Afterschool Specialist – Fort Worth ISD
|Afterschool Specialist - Fort Worth ISD|
|Starting at $9.00/hour; based on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Monday - Thursday (possible Fridays) - 2:30pm-6:00pm. Some evenings and weekends are required for monthly trainings and staff meetings. Holiday hours on occasion.|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be a High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of 6 months experience working with children in a childcare setting, recreational or education setting strongly preferred, but not required.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff.
• Present self as a good role model.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• CPR/First Aid Certified or able to obtain certification upon hire.
• Able to stand for long periods of time and lift and move materials
• Ability to lead children in physical activities such as age appropriate sports, games and exercise activities
• Must receive a minimum of 15 hours of School Age related trainings per year
• Responsible for delivering and implementing daily activities at the Afterschool School site and for helping children to achieve and learn new skills.
• Directly responsible for the supervision and safety of all children in assigned group at all times
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and foster a sense of belonging among participants in their group.
• Must be able to communicate effectively and build quality relationships with children, parents, school personnel and other YMCA staff
School District Service Area: FWISD
(Eagle Mountain Saginaw Elementary Schools & Marine Creek Elementary in Lake Worth ISD upon approval with other childcare dept.)