|E.R. Van Zandt Southwest YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Varies- Position doesn't start until March 26, 2018|
Education & Experience
- Current YMCA Lifeguard Certification as well as current First Aid, CPR/AED and Oxygen
- Current YMCA Swim Lesson Instructor Certification
- YMCA Lifeguard Instructor and Certified Pool Operator preferred.
- Minimum 2 years lifeguard experience required.
- Minimum 1 year of swim-instructor experience required.
- Working knowledge of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Publisher, Excel and Outlook.
- Schedule and supervise staff, which includes: creating work schedules, scheduling special events, ensuring adherence to work schedules, supervision of staff job performance, processing time cards, and ensuring staff certifications are kept up to date.
- Coordinate swim lessons including creating rosters, scheduling staff and communicating with parents/participants.
- Recruit, interview and hire lifeguard and swim instructor staff.
- Substitute for lifeguards or instructors when needed.
- Follow procedures for reporting all accidents, incidents and hazards.
- Adhere to all policies, rules, and regulations as outlined in employee handbook and other communications.
- Obtain and maintain required training(s).
- Accept additional assignments as deemed appropriate by the Operations Director
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Values- Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Decision Making- Provides others with frameworks for making decisions.
Project Management- Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Finance- Effectively creates and manages budgets.
Quality Results- Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Self-Development- Shares new insights.
Emotional Maturity- Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.
Send Resume/Application along with three references.Apply Now