Boot Camp Instructor
|Boot Camp Instructor|
|Joshua Community YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
|Based on certifications and experience|
Days & Hours:
|August 1, 2017|
Education & Experience
- Each candidate will have a formal interview, which may include a written and practical assessment, to demonstrate knowledge and competency as a boot camp instructor
- Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications
- 6+ months of specific skills to teach classes
- Possess a positive attitude and have an outgoing personality to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions, and communities
• Be able to teach / lead boot camps.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment on all strength and cardiovascular machines.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional.
• Teach group boot camp.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.