Branch Executive Director
|Branch Executive Director|
|Airport Area YMCA|
|$60,000 - $70,000|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, occasional night and weekend work required|
|Monday, February 13, 2017|
Education & Experience
The YMCA of the Metropolitan Fort Worth is a strong Y-NAN Y that joins people together by a shared commitment to nurture the potential of every child, improve our communities’ health and well-being, and give back and provide support to our neighbors. The Airport Area YMCA is a community with a vision to prepare youth to succeed and serve. We do this by encouraging good health, and fostering family interactions, teaching team work through sports and shared activities. In addition, our youth programs provide a nurturing environment for children and offer positive, fun activities that build athletic, social and interpersonal skills.
We are seeking an Executive Director for our Airport Area Y, located in Bedford, TX, with emphasis on innovative programming, aquatics, youth sports, summer camp, annual campaign and board development. This Y is primed for continued development of community partnerships. This position will report to the Northpark YMCA, District Executive Director and will be responsible for managing the total operations of the branch, which include strategy, leading effective staff and board members, annual campaign and a high focus on program growth orientation.
Key Facts: Operating Budget: $860,000 Annual Campaign: $71,000, 550+ Membership Units, Youth Sports Program, Summer Day Camp, Swim Lessons. Facility includes Wellness Center, Group Exercise Studio, Cycle Studio, Child Watch, Gymnasium, outdoor field space and an outdoor pool.
City of Bedford is a suburb of Fort Worth, considered the “Mid-Cities” Area, www.bedfordtx.gov Population 46,979. Northeast Tarrant County and within the Hurst-Euless-Bedford Independent School District.
For more information about the Y, visit www.ymcafw.org
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in human services, social services, business or equivalent.
• Six or more years of management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• YMCA Multi-Team or Branch Leader certification preferred.
• Experience in management and development of volunteer involvement; ability to recruit top community leaders.
• Ability to direct total operations through volunteer development, supervision of staff, development and monitoring of branch budget, marketing and public relations, and program development.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
1. Coordinates the development of the branch board and committees.
2. Directs the financial development activities of the branch.
3. Develops strategies to increase volunteer involvement at all levels of the branch including board development.
4. Represents and promotes the YMCA in the local community and develops positive working relationships with other organizations, businesses, and governmental entities. Develops, maintains, and models collaborative relationships with community agencies in service delivery area.
5. Oversees the hiring, training, development and supervision of staff.
6. Develops, manages, and monitors the branch operating budget and meet or exceeds budget targets.
7. Directs branch strategic planning efforts and develops the annual operating plan of the branch.
8. Develops and directs high quality relationship-based member engagement strategies. Models relationship-building skills in all interactions with staff, volunteers, members, and the community.
9. Fosters a climate of innovation to develop member-focused programs which support the Y mission, goals, and strategies.
10. Ensures the safety and maintenance of high quality facilities, grounds, and equipment.
11. Directs branch marketing and communication efforts to effectively communicate benefit to the community.
12. Serves as a member of Y management and supports the overall objectives of the YMCA.
13. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Volunteerism - Implements effective systems to develop volunteers at program, fundraising, and policy leadership levels. Y.
• Philanthropy - Secures resources and support for all philanthropic endeavors.
• Relationships – Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.
• Developing Others - Provides tools and resources for the development of others.
• Decision Making- Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions.
• Finance - Institutes sound accounting procedures, and financial controls.