Camp Program Support
|Camp Program Support|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$250 - $275 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017 or until filled|
Education & Experience
• Models the four core values of the YMCA: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility
• Ability to work well with others
• At least 21 years of age or older
• Strong desire to work with children in the outdoors
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with youth
• Summer camp experience
• Must process valid driver’s license
• Assists in supervision of campers and oversees the success of camp
• Ensures that campers are taught skills and, when required, teaches activities.
• Encourages growth in spirit, mind, and body and positive character development in all campers and staff
• Organizes, in conjunction with Camp Leadership, support and logistics for activities across camp
• Ensures the safety, health, and inclusion of all campers
• Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of common areas of camp
• Incorporates the YMCA Core Values into all programming
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to campers, acting as a role model for campers and staff
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner when needed
• Encourages and teaches leadership and independence to all campers
• Acts as a positive role model to all campers
• Attends and helps plan staff training
• Fosters a sense of community among the camp
• Supports the Unit Directors and other Camp Leadership in delivery of quality programs
• Informs senior leadership staff of any issues within camp
• Understands the importance of working as part of a team and reporting issues to your supervisor
• Listens attentively to co-workers and supervisors
• Maintains flexibility when presented with changes to schedule or other unforeseen challenges
• Plans, organizes, and executes coordination of camp support including by not limited to water placement and refresh, supply placement, equipment checks, activity safety, camp pictures and bus transportation.
• Assists with camper check-in and check-out
• Assist Behavior Specialist and Unit Directors and Day Camp Director as needed
• Helps develop and carry out a diverse program of activities
• Covers cabins when necessary
• Maintains necessary records and completes requested forms and reports (e.g. injury reports, challenge course permission forms, and sunscreen application forms)
• Sets an example of cooperation, excellence, and commitment for all campers and staff
• Maintains positive relationships with campers, parents, and staff
• Models, teaches, and maintains the YMCA Camp Carter Code of Conduct
• Effectively communicates with all staff, campers, and parents
• Maintains a clean cabin and helps with clean-up of other areas when needed
• Completes other duties assigned by the Overnight Camp Director or other Camp Leadership
• Responsible for all camp materials, equipment, and supplies
• Reports directly to the Camp Director
• Marketing. Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Communicates with Camp Leadership to work together when it can benefit the overall program.
• Help YMCA Camp Carter achieve its Annual Campaign donation goal.
This position is required to stay in on site housing. Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017. Pay range is between $250 and $275 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and a list of your top three favorite camp activities to Jessica Wilmoth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Place “HERO” in the subject line.