|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$275 - $300 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Models the four core values of the YMCA: Honesty, Caring, Respect, and Responsibility
• Ability to work well with others
• At least 21 years of age or older
• Must be First Aid/CPR/AED certified
• CNA, RN, EMT is beneficial but not required
• Strong desire to work with children in the outdoors
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with youth and supervising younger staff
• Summer camp experience
• Assists in supervision of campers and oversees the success of camp community
• Encourages growth in spirit, mind, and body and positive character development in all campers and staff
• Ensures the safety, health, and inclusion of all campers
• Oversees the maintenance and cleanliness of cabins for campers and staff
• Incorporates the YMCA Core Values into all programming
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to campers, acting as a role model for campers and staff
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner when needed
• Encourages and teaches leadership and independence to all campers
• Acts as a positive role model to all campers
• Attends and helps plan staff training
• Fosters a sense of community among the camp community
• Helps play a role supervising camp community
• Informs senior leadership staff of any issues within camp community
• Understands the importance of working as part of a team and reporting issues to your supervisor
• Listens attentively to co-workers and supervisors
• Maintains flexibility when presented with changes to schedule or other unforeseen challenges
• Assists with camper check-in and check-out
• Assist in ordering and stocking First Aid supplies
• Responsible for safe distribution and storage of all camper and staff medications
• Ensure first aid stations are stocked
• Responsible for maintaining accurate and complete data in med log.
• Responsible for making and distributing first aid kits to all staff and keeping them stocked throughout employment
• Helping to ensure incident/accident reports are turned in in a timely manor. Especially when information must be sent immediately.
• Ensure that counselors are stocked with incident reports
• Responsible for taking over or assisting with first aid/CPR before next level of care arrives
• Responsible for contacting parents about emergencies, illnesses or anything more than minor injury to inform parents or gain information or insight
• Follows all state and city laws and procedures
• Maintains necessary records and completes requested forms and reports (e.g. injury reports, challenge course permission forms, and sunscreen application forms)
• Sets an example of cooperation, excellence, and commitment for all campers and staff
• Maintains positive relationships with campers, parents, and staff
• Models, teaches, and maintains the YMCA Camp Carter Code of Conduct
• Effectively communicates with all staff, campers, and parents
• Maintains a clean cabin and helps with clean-up of other areas when needed
• Completes other duties assigned by the Camp Director
• Responsible for all camp materials, equipment, and supplies
• Reports directly to the Camp Director
• Marketing. Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Communicates with Camp Leadership to work together when it can benefit the overall program.
• Help YMCA Camp Carter achieve its Annual Campaign Kids donation goal.
This position is required to stay in on site housing.Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017. Pay range is between $275 and $300 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and a list of your top three favorite camp activities to Jessica Wilmoth (email@example.com). Place “Camp Nurse” in the subject line.Apply Now