Camp Program Operations Director
|Camp Program Operations Director|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$47,500 – $50,000/annually (housing option available)|
Days & Hours:
|Varies, evenings and weekends will be required.|
|March 31, 2017|
Education & Experience
YMCA Camp Carter is located on 360 acres of beautiful land just 7 miles from Downtown Fort Worth. Our property serves as a great retreat and oasis inside the 16th largest American city. That means we are close to home, school and work. Join the team at YMCA Camp Carter where we offer it all. A top notch Outdoor Education program, a Retreats department with experienced facilitators and a dining hall with a reputation for preparing great tasting meals!
Camp is looking for a new Program Operations Director leader to join the team. This is a new position that will be responsible for leading multiple camp program areas, and will have responsibility for the budget, marketing, and supervision of the staff teams.
The ideal candidate must be a strong communicator and be able to influence to attain buy-in. Anticipates challenges and integrating multiple thinking processes to make decisions is an important skill at camp. We are seeking a leader who will build nurture strategic relationships and reinforce the Y’s values within the organization and the community. This is a full time position under the direction of the Camp Executive Director. The Program Operations Director will need to be available to work weekends, as this is when many of the groups are in camp.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in related field.
• Four or more years of program management experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
• ASHI CPR Pro and Basic First Aid
• Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fundraising.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• Must be competent with DAXKO and Office software systems
• Oversees the Day Camp, Overnight Camp, Outdoor Education, Retreats and Equestrian departments as well as a significant portion of the Annual Campaign.
• Develops and controls department budgets related to the position.
• Proficient in leading/developing staff. Hires, trains, and supervises staff and volunteers in assigned areas. Facilitates communication and provides leadership. Models relationship-building skills (including Listen First) in all interactions. Provide direct supervision to the following staff: Full Time Director of Education and Retreats and 2 Program Coordinators, plus seasonal staff. A full time Camp Coordinator and seasonal staff. A full time Equestrian Coordinator, and part time wranglers and instructors.
• Provides leadership and support to the annual fundraising campaign and volunteer committees/boards as assigned. Develops and maintains effective working relationships within the community.
• Member of the Branch Executive Management Team (EMT) providing overall strategic guidance for entire branch.
• Assures compliance with state and local regulations. Ensures that program standards are met and safety procedures are followed and emergency procedures are followed per Association Guidelines.
• Ensures high quality member/participant-focused programs through innovative program development, evaluations and ongoing training of staff.
• Provides executive leadership in the absence of the VP/ED or leads a single site operation.
• May provide ongoing regional and/or annual association leadership responsibilities. (i.e. facilitate SDT).
• Significant campaign responsibilities. (i.e. teams organization or community campaign).
• Increased role with the development of branch’s board and volunteers, as compared to Program Directors.
• Responsible for program registration processes and data collection and reporting
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Communication - Communicates for influence to attain buy-in and support of goals.
• Emotional Maturity - Anticipates challenges that can sidetrack or derail growth and personal learning.
• Decision Making - Integrates multiple thinking processes to make decisions.
• Finance - Institutes sound accounting procedures, investment policies, and financial controls.
• Values - Reinforces the Y’s values within the organization and the community.
• Relationships - Builds and nurtures strategic relationships to enhance support for the Y.