Child Watch Attendant
|Child Watch Attendant|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|$8.00 - $8.50 per hour based on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Mornings, evenings & some weekends|
Education & Experience
• Childwatch attendants are required to be at least 16 years of age.
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED/First Aid/Child Abuse Training within 30 days of hire date.
• Must be able to actively engage and supervise curriculum with the children.
• Ability to initiate age appropriate games and activities.
• Must have a positive attitude and follows YMCA policies and procedures.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Six months experience working with children preferred.
• Child Watch Attendants are required to know and follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures.
• He/She must attend staff meetings and training programs, as required.
• The childwatch attendant is responsible for the care of the children while the member is working out in the facility.
• The childwatch attendant is required to actively engage with the children and provide a safe environment for the children while in the care of the YMCA Wellness Center.
• This position is responsible for providing safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their children in accordance with the YMCA Mission and policies of the association.
• Maintain visual and auditory supervision at all times.
• He/She must be responsible for the safety and well-being of each child under their supervision and maintain a creative and playful atmosphere for all participants.
• They plan and supervise the activities of children and perform general housekeeping tasks and maintain clean and safe area.