|Joshua Community YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday - Saturday (8:15am - 12:30); Monday - Friday (8:15am-12:30 and 4:30pm-8:30)|
Education & Experience
The successful candidate must be at least 18 years of age. Have at least 1-2 years of experience with children. Able to complete CPR & First Aid Certification. Clean Criminal History.
• Able to speak with children in a friendly, positive manner.
• Treat children with dignity and respect.
• Basic knowledge of youth development and engagement skills
• Able to redirect youth behavior in a positive direction, reframing from use of corporal punishment.
• Able to provide parents with quality customer service
• Able to play games and perform simple craft projects with youth
• Meet parents of the children for ages 6 weeks and up
• Ensure that YMCA program standards are met and safety procedures are followed
• Maintain proper records of attendance
• Attend program meetings and trainings
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information
• Be available to sub when needed
• Help create new and exciting programs and special events for the children
• Maintain a sanitized environment with proper cleaning of toys and surfaces
• Any other duties as assigned