Child Watch Staff
|Child Watch Staff|
|Benbrook Community Center YMCA|
|Varying based upon experience|
Days & Hours:
|As needed - evenings and Saturday|
Education & Experience
• Pre-Service Training (within first 30 days of employment).
• Must also complete required safety trainings including CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse Prevention.
• Current TB test (prior to first day of employment)
• Basic skills in working with small children.
• Make decisions based on YMCA policies and procedures.
• Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and YMCA staff.
• Use good judgement and resourcefulness in order to prevent adverse effects regarding situations with children.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our Child Watch area.
• Must be able to articulate the YMCA mission and core values to YMCA members and perspective members.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual and professional.
• Supervise play and game activities of small children.
• Maintain discipline and order.
• Maintain open communications with parents.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Maintain attendance records.
• Assist the Child Watch Coordinator as needed.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.