|Airport Area YMCA|
|$9.00 - $10.00/hour|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• This position is responsible for providing safe and enjoyable childcare for members and their children in accordance with the YMCA Mission and policies of the association.
• Maintain visual and auditory supervision at all times.
• He/She must be responsible for the safety and well-being of each child under their supervision and maintain a creative and playful atmosphere for all participants.
• They plan and supervise the activities of children and perform general housekeeping tasks and maintain clean and safe area.
• Child Watch Attendants are required to know and follow YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention, and emergency procedures.
• He/She must attend staff meetings and training programs, as required.
• Childwatch attendants are required to be at least 16 years of age.
• Must have or be able to obtain CPR/AED/First Aid/Child Abuse Training within 30 days of hire date.
• Must be able to actively engage and supervise curriculum with the children.
• Ability to initiate age appropriate games and activities.
• Must have a positive attitude and follows YMCA policies and procedures.
• Ability to stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift 30 lbs.
• Six months experience working with children preferred.
The childwatch lead is responsible for the care of the children while the member is working out in the facility.
The childwatch lead is required to actively engage with the children and provide a safe environment for the children while in the care of the Airport Area YMCA.
The childwatch lead is responsible for assisting the Youth Development Coordinator with the scheduling of staff and development of daily and weekly curriculum.