Cook – Amaka Child Development Center
|Cook - Amaka Child Development Center|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday; 8am - 1pm|
Education & Experience
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (SPECIALIZED, TECHNICAL, OR PRACTICAL)
• Must have high school diploma or equivalent.
• Must have food handlers card and TB test.
HUMAN RELATION SKILLS
• Must be able to communicate in a professional manner with staff.
• Must have 6 months experience as an institutional commercial cook.
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGMENT
• Requires basic knowledge of nutritional practices.
• Requires ability to communicate in a professional manner with staff.
• Requires ability to plan, organize, prepare, and serve nutritionally balanced meals and snacks.
• No supervision of others is required.
• Requires light physical effort such as occasional lifting and carrying loads.
• Requires normal discretion when dealing with confidential data.
• Requires ability to organize and complete meals in a timely manner.
Under the general supervision of the Site Coordinator, the cook will supervise the nutrition program and all related food services for the site. It also includes:
1. Planning, purchasing, preparing, and serving meals and snacks.
2. Periodically reviewing the food service program with the Site Coordinator and coordinating the program with other activities of the site.
3. Performing custodian duties in relation to the food services program.
4. Report all items in need of repair and areas in need of cleaning to the Site Coordinator
NOTE: These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work involved for this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this job