Day Camp Assistant Director
|Day Camp Assistant Director|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$250 - $275 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Models the YMCA Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility.
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Ability to relate well to others
• 21 years of age or older
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Experience in an administrative role a plus.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with children.
• Summer camp experience preferable.
• Facilitates a culture of respect and involvement among all campers and staff.
• Role model for all staff, following and enforcing the Camp Carter code of conduct, dress code, including cell phone policy.
• Ability to intervene in behavioral issues with campers, and implement behavioral policies.
• Willing to lead specialized activities, and assist counselors when necessary.
• Actively participates in developing programming and activities for each week, along with the Day Camp director.
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to staff and campers. Runs morning staff meetings.
• Supervises check in or check out procedure.
• Actively involved in traditional camp activities such as flag raising, awards ceremony, and all camp activities.
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner at all times.
• Effectively communicates with Day Camp director at all times.
• Assists in Day Camp staff training.
• Must participate in CPR & First Aid classes.
• Assists the LIT coordinator as needed.
• Willingness to attempt to become Lifeguard certified.
• Maintains necessary records and completes requested forms and reports (e.g. incident report, maintenance report).
• Report all incidences/ problems to the Day Camp director.
• Assists in building activities, and themes based activities.
• Respond to parent feedback, helping parents with problems/ requests.
• Ensure staff follow schedule, activities, cell phone policy and enforce rules as needed.
• Run Day Camp store times, and money collection.
• Ensures lifeguards are attending in-service.
• Acts as a role model for campers/staff. Maintaining a professional relationship at all times.
• Builds and enforces the rules of behavior, established goals, and program objectives.
• Encourages a culture of respect for camp’s grounds, equipment, and each other. This includes activity equipment, picking up trash and so on.
• Ability to manage workload, asking for help when needed.
• Attend all extra Day Camp activities such as, open houses, overnight stays, parents evenings.
• Work with Day Camp Director to implement fundraising opportunities to achieve Day Camp’s Annual Campaign fundraising goal.
• Reports directly to the Day Camp Director.
• Marketing- Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Encourage staff to volunteer for certain events.
• Help with LIT field trips as needed.
• Helps Day Camp achieve Annual Campaign donation goal.
This Position includes on site housing. Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017. Pay range is between $250 and $275 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and the lyrics to your favorite camp song to Jessica Wilmoth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Place “Day Camp Assistant Director” in the subject line.