Day Camp Counselor
|Day Camp Counselor|
|Camp, Child Care|
|$8.25-$9.25/hr (based on experience)|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday. Shift will vary between 7:00am-6:00pm. 25-35 hours/week|
|April 21, 2017 or until filled.|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older, have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience working with children in a structured environment and YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Must have/or receive CPR & First Aid Certifications
• Must have/or receive a clear TB test
• Must have/or receive YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community
• Requires a tolerant, patient and steady person
• Requires constant attention and alertness of children’s needs
• Requires great communication skills, enthusiasm, patience and flexibility to the job everyday
• Requires ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, staff and Association records
• Must be able to communicate with parents on a daily as needed about their children in a positive professional manner
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively to supervisor and other YMCA personal
• Supervise groups of children and directly responsible for a group of 10 campers daily
• Plan and lead groups of children in daily activities
• Plan and participants in special events.
• Communicate effectively, with parents on the status of children as a YMCA representative.
• Responsible for group’s safety and first aid. Never leave children alone.
• Know the Day Camp program schedule, routine and rules.
• Use a positive disciplinary approach. Never use physical force.
• Distribution of daily snacks.
• Implement the YMCA mission through the program planning activities.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and up keep of facility, property, supplies and equipment.
• Responsible for reporting any suspected child abuse and/or disclosures.
• Practice daily Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as a role model for the children.
Please submit letters of interest and resumes via email to email@example.com. Interviews will be arranged by phone.Apply Now