Spring Break Camp/Summer Day Camp Counselor
|Spring Break Camp/Summer Day Camp Counselor|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|$8.50 to $9.50/hour based on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Monday- Friday: Shift will vary between the hours of 7:00a-6:00p (25 -35 hours per week).|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older, have a High School Diploma or equivalent
• Experience working with children in a structured environment and YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Must have/or receive CPR & First Aid Certifications
• Must have/or receive a clear TB test
• Must have/or receive YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training
• Requires constant attention and alertness of children’s needs
• Requires great communication skills, enthusiasm, patience and flexibility to the job everyday
• Requires ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, staff and Association records
• Must be able to communicate with parents on a daily as needed about their children in a positive professional manner
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively to supervisor and other YMCA personal
• Supervise groups of children and directly responsible for a group of 10 campers daily
• Plan and lead groups of children in daily activities
• Plan and participants in special events.
• Communicate effectively, with parents on the status of children as a YMCA representative.
• Responsible for group’s safety and first aid. Never leave children alone.
• Know the Day Camp program schedule, routine and rules.
• Use a positive disciplinary approach. Never use physical force.
• Distribution of daily snacks.
• Implement the YMCA mission through the program planning activities.
• Responsible for the cleanliness and up keep of facility, property, supplies and equipment.
• Responsible for reporting any suspected child abuse and/or disclosures.
• Practice daily Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as a role model for the children.
Please submit letters of interest and resumes via email to email@example.com. Interviews will be arranged by phone.
Spring Break Camp : March 12- March 16