Day Camp Counselor
|Day Camp Counselor|
|Camp, Child Care|
|Seasonal (May - August)|
Days & Hours:
|Monday – Friday: Shifts may vary. Camp is open from 7:00am-6:30pm|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• High school graduate or equivalent
• Experience working with children in a structured environment and YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Must have/or receive CPR & First Aid Certifications
• Must have/or receive a clear TB test
• Must have/or receive YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training.
• Ability to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community.
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff in a positive and professional manner.
• Requires a stead person to display tact, patience, sensitivity, tolerant, and flexibility to the job every day.
• Must be able to control a group of children through positive interaction and direction. Requires constant attention and alertness to children’s needs.
• Presents self as a positive role model. Energetic and outgoing individuals who are highly motivated and enjoy working with kids.
• Supervise groups of children-directly responsible for a group of 10 children. Indirectly responsible for all children at the program at all times.
• Child supervision will consist of the visual and auditory awareness as well as pattern of circulation among the children at all times
• Plan and lead groups of children in daily activities
• Plan & participate in special events
• Communicate effectively, with parents on the status of children as a YMCA representative
• Responsible for group’s safety and first aid. Never leave children alone
• Know the Day Camp program schedule routine, implantation of day cap curriculum, and the use of YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Day Camp Group Transition Roster.
• Use of positive disciplinary techniques and positive approach. Never use physical force
• Responsible for distribution of daily snack, the cleanliness and up keep of facility, property, supplies and equipment
• Responsible for reporting any suspected child abuse and/or disclosures
• Practice daily Caring, Honesty, Respect and Responsibility as a role model for the children.
• The knowledge of YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth Policy & Procedures as they relates to camp.
Please submit letters of interest and resumes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org Interviews will be arrange by phone.Apply Now