Day Camp Counselor
|Day Camp Counselor|
|Based on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday. Hours vary. But must be available between 7am and 6:30pm daily. Some weekend training dates.|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older
• High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of 3 to 6 months experience working with children in a structured environment
• YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Must have/or receive CPR & First Aid Certifications
• Must have/or receive a clear TB test
• Must have/or receive YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training
• Must be able to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community
• Have reliable transportation
• Must be able to be punctual, reliable, and able to adhere to a set work schedule
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time in heat and weather and during field trips.
• Requires constant attention and alertness of children’s needs
• Requires enthusiasm, patience and flexibility to the job everyday
• Requires ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, staff and Association records
• Must be able to clearly communicate with parents daily as needed about their children in a positive professional manner
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively to direct reports, supervisor and other YMCA personnel
• Responsible for leading a group of 10 children through daily activities and field trip activities.
• Directly responsible for all children in their care at all times.
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and lead a group of children in daily activities.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff