Day Camp Director
|Day Camp Director|
|Benbrook Community Center YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Monday through Friday. Hours vary. But must be available between 7am and 630pm daily. Some weekend training dates.|
Education & Experience
• Must be 21 years or older
• High school graduate or equivalent
• A minimum of 1 year experience working with children in a structured day camp environment
• YMCA experience is a plus but not necessary.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Must have/or receive CPR & First Aid Certifications
• Must have/or receive a clear TB test
• Must have/or receive YMCA Child Abuse Prevention Training
• Must be able to relate effectively to diverse groups from all social and economic segments of the community
• Have reliable transportation
• Must be able to be punctual, reliable, and able to adhere to a set work schedule
• Must be able to stand for long periods of time in heat and weather and during field trips.
• Requires constant attention and alertness of children’s needs
• Requires enthusiasm, patience and flexibility to the job everyday
• Requires ability to maintain confidentiality regarding participant, staff and Association records
• Must be able to clearly communicate with parents daily as needed about their children in a positive professional manner
• Requires the ability to communicate effectively to direct reports, supervisor and other YMCA personnel
• Responsible for the total onsite delivery of the day camp, including ensuring that the camp site is maintained and clean and all equipment and facilities are cared for. Daily monitoring of groups/group lists and staffing adjustments. Will arrange group lists and rotation schedules daily for the staff.
• Directly responsible for all children at staff in the program at all times
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and lead a group of children in daily activities.
• Must be able to communicate effectively with children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff