Day Camp LIT Coordinator
|Day Camp LIT Coordinator|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$250 - $275 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Models the YMCA Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility.
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Ability to relate well to others
• 21 years of age or older
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Experience in a leadership role a plus.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with teenagers.
• Summer camp experience, a plus.
• Facilitates a culture of respect and involvement amongst all campers and staff.
• Role model for all staff, and campers, especially LIT’s and CIT’s
• Ability to intervene in behavioral issues with campers, and implement behavioral policies.
• Willing to assist in specialized activities.
• Actively participates in developing programming and activities for each LIT week, along with the Day Camp Leadership
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to LIT’s.
• Supervises a check in or check out procedure.
• Actively involved in traditional camp activities such as flag raising, awards ceremony, and all camp activities.
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner at all times.
• Effectively communicates with Day Camp leadership at all times.
• Helps LIT’s build goals for themselves, and what they’d like to achieve from their experience.
• Assists in Day Camp staff training.
• Must participate in CPR & First Aid classes.
• Willingness to become Lifeguard certified.
• Uses the LIT’s to assist in the running of Day Camp activities as needed.
• Willingness to become Challenge Course certified.
• Acts as a role model for campers. Maintaining a professional relationship at all times.
• Encourages a culture of respect for camp’s grounds, equipment, and each other. This includes activity equipment, picking up trash and so on.
• Ability to manage workload, asking for help when needed.
• Attend some extra Day Camp activities such as, open houses, overnight stays, parent evenings.
• Works with Day Camp Director to implement fundraising opportunities to achieve Day Camp’s Annual Campaign fundraising goal.
• Reports directly to the Day Camp Director.
• Marketing. Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Communicates with Overnight Camp CIT coordinators to work together when it can benefit either program.
• Uses LIT’s to assist program where needed.
• Encourage LIT’s to take part in service projects, educating them about the need to serve and help our community.
• Help Day Camp achieve its Annual Campaign Kids donation goal.
This position includes onsite housing. Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017. Pay range is between $250 and $275 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and the directions for your favorite team building activity to Jessica Wilmoth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Place “Day Camp LIT” in the subject line.