Group Exercise Instructor
|Group Exercise Instructor|
|Joshua Community YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
|Based on certifications & experience|
Days & Hours:
|December 31, 2017|
Education & Experience
Must have a National group exercise certification and 1 + years of specific skills to teach classes.
• Be able to teach / lead exercise classes.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our fitness programs.
• Must be able to articulate the YMCA mission and core values to YMCA members and perspective members.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment on all strength and cardiovascular machines.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional.
• Teach group exercise class.
• Must follow scheduled formats, keep accurate records of attendance, make announcements before or after class as requested by director, report faulty equipment to supervisor.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.