Group Exercise Instructor
|Group Exercise Instructor|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
|Varying depending upon experience.|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Must hold nationally recognized personal training certification from at least one of the following groups: YMCA of the USA, AFAA, ACE, CIAR, or NETA.
• Must also complete required safety trainings including CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse.
• 6+ months of specific skills to teach classes
• Looking for BodyPump, Cycle, Kickboxing & Yoga instructors. As well as others.
• Be able to teach / lead exercise classes.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our fitness programs.
• Must be able to articulate the YMCA mission and core values to YMCA members and perspective members.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment on all strength and cardiovascular machines.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional.
• Teach group exercise class.
• Must follow scheduled formats, keep accurate records of attendance, make announcements before or after class as requested by director, report faulty equipment to supervisor.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.
Please submit an employment application and resume with references along with attention to Kevin Murphy identified on the application to:
Amon G. Carter Jr. Downtown YMCA
512 Lamar St, Fort Worth, TX 76102