|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$275-$325 per week + housing and meals|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
Minimum age of 18
Certifications: CPR for the Professional Rescuer, AED, Basic First Aid and Emergency Oxygen
Current YMCA Lifeguard
Ability to maintain certification-level of physical and mental readiness
Must demonstrate lifeguard skills in accordance with YMCA standards
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physically perform all skills required of a lifeguard.
Hear noises and distress signals in the aquatic environment, including in the water and anywhere around the zone of responsibility.
Remain alert with no lapses of consciousness.
See and observe all sections of an assigned zone or area of responsibility.
1. Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
2. Knows/reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the “safe-in-six” model. Completes related reports as required.
3. Maintains effective, positive relationships with the members, participants and other staff.
4. Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area. Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state Health Department code.
5. Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
6. Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
7. Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
8. Attends all staff meetings and in-service training.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Values - Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Communication - Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Project Management - Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.
Self-Development - Shares new insights.
Emotional Maturity - Utilizes non-threatening methods to address sensitive issues and inappropriate behavior or performance.