Health Exercise Coordinator
|Health Exercise Coordinator|
|Health & Wellness|
|$9.00 - $11.00 per hour|
Days & Hours:
|Flexible & TBD: the facility is open 7 days a week|
Education & Experience
• 21 years of age or older
• Current state approved first-aid certification
• Current CPR / AED
• YMCA Healthy Lifestyles certification
• YMCA Personal Training Instructor or Foundations of Group Exercise certification, or equivalent
• Bachelors degree from a four-year college or university; or a minimum two years experience in health/fitness field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience of health/fitness including demonstrated ability to teach and train different levels and abilities of fitness.
• Ability to communicate effectively with members, staff, peers, volunteers, and supervisor.
• Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Health/Fitness Programs.
• Ability to motivate and coach others.
• Knowledge of staff/volunteer supervision and program management preferred.
• Oversees fitness center and/or group exercise classes at specified times. Supervises programs during those times.
• Assists in hiring, training, supervising, scheduling, and evaluating health/fitness staff and volunteers.
• Instructs classes and or works in the fitness center as needed.
• Develops positive relationships with participants and provides motivational support and guidance.
• Increases participant awareness of all healthy lifestyle factors.
• Encourages member involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
• Monitors care and maintenance of all program facilities and equipment with particular concern for the health and safety of participants and ensures repairs are made as needed.
• Ensures attendance records, program reports, and other required administrative procedures are completed.
• Attends staff meetings and trainings as required.
• Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants.
• Incorporates the mission, philosophy, and 4 core values of the YMCA in all communication with participants and co-workers.
• Update and maintain certification records of all fitness staff.
Please submit resume with references to:
1500 Sandy Lane, Fort Worth, TX 76112
and also complete the online application.