Healthy Living & Adult Sports Coordinator
|Healthy Living & Adult Sports Coordinator|
|Hood County YMCA|
|Health & Wellness, Sports|
|$11.22-$14.05/hour based on qualifications|
Days & Hours:
|Days, Some nights/weekends|
|April 15, 2017|
Education & Experience
• 21 years of age or older
• Current CPR/AED and First Aid Certifications
• Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid, YMCA recognized national certification in personal training or Foundations of Strength & Conditioning at the Y. It is the responsibility of the employee to maintain required fitness certifications.
• Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university; or a minimum two years’ experience in health/fitness field and leading teams; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Knowledge and experience of health/fitness including demonstrated ability to teach and train different levels and abilities of fitness.
• Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community as well as member, staff, peers, volunteers and supervisors
• Ability to effectively communicate information on YMCA Health/Fitness Programs.
• Ability to manage time and projects effectively.
• Ability to motivate and coach others
• Experience of staff/volunteer supervision and program management preferred.
• Responsible for creating and fostering a strong atmosphere of teamwork and cooperation among healthy living staff.
• Responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and hiring of healthy living staff, subject to the approval of the Healthy Living Director.
• Responsible for training and orienting new healthy living staff to facility, programming, and appointments we provide.
• Works on the fitness floor minimum of 5 hours per week.
• Responsible for the daily supervision, leadership and scheduling of healthy living staff.
• Responsible for assignment of clients to personal trainers based on member goals and trainer experience to best fit the member’s needs.
• Responsible for maintaining a constant focus on member service as the number one priority of healthy living department.
• Participate in facility and community events.
• Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations, and procedures, including emergency procedures. Completes incident and accident reports as necessary.
• Conveys basic knowledge of all program areas to members and participants.
• Incorporates the mission, philosophy, and 4 core values of the YMCA in all communication with participants and co-workers.
• Assist with promoting program awareness through publications, marketing materials and member promotions both inside and outside of the YMCA.
• Assist in maintenance of fitness equipment and weekly/monthly checklist report.
• Assists with employee and member wellness activities.
• Responsible for attendance at all required meetings and YMCA activities
• Create and maintain 2 adult sports program sessions per year.
• Coordination of sports registration, marketing, game schedules, referee’s,
• Perform other duties as assigned.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Community- Ensures a high level of service with a commitment to improving lives.
• Inclusion- Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives.
• Relationships- Builds relationships to create small communities.
• Influence- Empathetically listens and communicates for understanding when negotiating and dealing with conflict.
• Communication- Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
• Developing Others- Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
• Innovation- Conducts prototypes to support the launching of programs and activities.
• Quality Results- Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
• Change Capacity- Facilitates change; models adaptability and an awareness of the impact of change.
Complete online application as well as submit resume with references by mail or email to:
Hood County YMCA
1475 James Road, Granbury, TX 76049