Days & Hours:
|Must be able to work at least 3 days a week Monday through Sunday during May - September. Looking for Lifeguards to guard Monday - Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm, hours may vary.|
Education & Experience
• Must be at least 16 years old.
• Must have First Aid, CPR, AED, and Lifeguard Certification.
• Must be physically able to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue a 200 lb person.
• Must have the ability to be alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
Experience working at a pool. Must know how to swim. Ability keep a 10/10 scanning while guarding a pool. Able to stand and sit for long period of time.
• Ensure the safety of individuals using the pool and aquatic facility by supervising/guarding the pool during open swim, swim lesson programs and events, making sure the facility is safe & clean.
• Administer life saving skills if required.
• Actively participate in obtaining further water safety certifications.
• Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner at all times; this includes working with the public and arriving 15 minutes before the start of your shift
• Attend all in-service training and staff meetings as scheduled by the Aquatics Coordinator and or Aquatics Director.
• Ensure participants adhere to all YMCA aquatic guidelines and procedures.