|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Flexible, TBD: The facility is open 7 days/week|
• Must have at least 3 months of lifeguarding experience.
• Must have First Aid, CPR, and Lifeguard Certification.
• Must be physically able to properly use aquatic equipment to rescue a 200 lb person.
• Must have the ability to be alert to dangerous situations in order to assure the safety of all swimmers.
• Ensure the safety of individuals using the pool and aquatic facility by supervising/guarding the pool during lap, open and swim lesson programs.
• Administer life saving skills if required.
• Actively participate in obtaining further water safety certifications.
• Maintain a positive attitude and act in a professional manner at all times; this includes working with the public and arriving 10 minutes before the start of your shift.
• Attend all in-service training and staff meetings as scheduled by the Aquatics Coordinator and or Aquatics Director.
• Ensure participants adhere to all YMCA aquatic guidelines and procedures.
Please fill out an employment application at the Front Desk of the Downtown YMCA and note lifeguard in the position applying for.Apply Now