|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|$36,000 - $39,000|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, occasional night and weekend work required|
|February 15, 2017|
Education & Experience
The Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA, a branch of the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth, is seeking a Membership Director to support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. Under the supervision of the Downtown YMCA Associate Executive Director, the Membership Director is responsible for the organization, delivery and quality of all aspects of membership programming. The ability to build a team of motivated and engaged staff, develop and manage the annual department budget, promote the YMCA mission and cause to the community, and build meaningful relationships with members and volunteers is essential.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree in related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
• Excellent computer, word, excel, and keyboard skills
• Basic clerical skills i.e. record keeping, filing, billings, follow-up etc.
• Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
• Able to handle difficult relationships with staff, volunteers, and members
• Ability to relate and communicate effectively to diverse groups of people from all social and economic segments of the community
• Implements membership strategies that support recruitment of new members and retention of existing members. Creates a member-focused culture and models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Fosters a climate of innovation and resolves problems to ensure member satisfaction.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs personnel and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals. Supervise the following full time staff: Program Coordinator II
• Participates in the planning of the annual budget; manages and implements the approved budget for membership and takes appropriate action to correct variances. Budget Responsibilities: $1,465,189 in income and 150,000+ in expense. Monitors assigned budget responsibilities to meet or exceed goals. Recommends adjustments to the budget to assure a balanced operation and submits reports on current operations.
• Promotes membership enrollment in interactions with existing and potential members. Coordinates program registration, including logistics to support phone, walk-in and web registration. Coordinates with marketing efforts to maximize enrollments and provides ongoing support to Program Directors on related issues.
• Ensures proper implementation of front desk procedures. Reviews and updates desk procedures and communicates changes to staff. Coordinates with the business office as necessary on financial transactions.
• Organizes membership events at the YMCA and represents the YMCA at community events to promote the YMCA. Annual Campaign: Responsible for the Staff Campaign portion of the campaign. Responsible for group exercise portion of Community Campaign as directed by the Director of Operations.
• Responsible for membership growth and retention through member engagement initiatives and utilizing Daxko Engage. Utilize SEER Surveys to improve member experiences and modify procedures if necessary.
• Community outreach as it relates to member engagement and promotion, including attending local health fairs and events.
• Respond to member and staff concerns (ie. comment cards, walk-ins, calls).
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Community - Delivers the benefits of good health, strong connections, greater self-confidence, and a sense of security to all who seek it.
Relationships - Builds authentic relationships in the service of enhancing individual and team performance to support the Y’s work.
Inclusion - Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives.
Quality Results - Demonstrates and fosters a strong commitment to achieving goals in a manner that provides quality experiences.
Innovation - Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
Emotional Maturity - Demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.