|McDonald Southeast Community YMCA|
|$47,500 plus 12% paid retirement benefits for eligible employees|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, occasional night and weekend work required|
Education & Experience
Education & Certifications: Bachelor’s degree in a related field preferred. YMCA Leadership certification desired within three years from date of hire.
Experience & Background: 3+ years of successful staff supervision experience with a demonstrated successful track record with a budget accountability. Strong written and verbal communication skills and administrative skills. Knowledge of program planning, budget preparation and control, marketing, financial development and sales. ACE, AFAA, ACSM, NSCA of NASM certifications are a plus. Knowledge of Daxko Operations is a plus. Ability to connect and relate with diverse groups of people at all levels of the organization. Bilingual English/Spanish would be a plus.
Over the past 3 years the McDonald Southeast branch has been part of the association’s capital campaign efforts and done extensive work in the community to prepare for the expanded presence of the Y in Southeast Fort Worth. In partnership with the Purpose Built Community project with an objective to end the cycle of poverty, the new McDonald Southeast YMCA will serve the community from a new location at Renaissance Square. Ground was broken in December of 2016 and the 36,000 square foot, state of the art facility, is slated for completion in late spring of 2018. The facility will include a wellness center, multi-purpose room, teen empowerment zone, full gymnasium with indoor elevated track and expansive outdoor aquatic center. The City of Fort Worth is a major partner on this project and has provided capital funding as well as ongoing annual operating support for the aquatics operation. The successful Operations Director will have a passion for YMCA operations and a heart for community based impact work in underserved populations. This new branch will be a community hub for the Southeast Fort Worth service area and the expectation is that our programming is tailored to meet the needs of the community.
Under the direction of the District Executive, the Operation Director will be responsible for membership and wellness at the McDonald Southeast and Eastside branches. This leader will drive the member experience by leading the staff in programs yielding membership growth and retention. Working to building up the membership and wellness departments as the new facility opens at the McDonald Southeast branch will be one of the first priorities. This leader will ensure that membership administration operates effectively and efficiently through models of continuous improvement. Leading, training, coaching, and development of staff and member relations will be critical as we seek to focus on the needs of the Southeast Region. Some essential functions include member & community engagement, youth, teen, & adult fitness program development, member relationships, staff development, and strategic planning.
• Provide leadership to the membership and wellness departments at the Downtown YMCA to meet monthly sales and retention goals
• Develop and monitor budgets to meet fiscal objectives with a department operating budget totaling over $1.6 million annually meeting all financial goals
• Lead and develop one part time Wellness Coordinator and one full time Membership Coordinator to meet their individual goals
• Identify, hire, train and develop front line membership and wellness staff focused on helping members accomplish their wellness goals; staff positions include front desk staff, wellness coaches, personal trainers and group exercise instructors
• Develop and implement strategies to increase membership volume and retention of members and program participants
• Assist with the YMCA Annual Campaign by serving as staff liaison, recruiting volunteers and raising funds to meet division goal
• Collaborate with all branch staff to ensure a culture focused on membership, service excellence and an exceptional experience for all members
• Identify, develop and implement new and exciting wellness focused programs for members
• Lead, organize, implement and collaborate with branch staff to provide member-focused family events and membership appreciation events monthly
• Plan the marketing and distribution of materials as well as lead the efforts for membership campaign planning and implementation to meet campaign goals
• Support the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth association in membership and wellness initiatives
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Change Leadership: Facilitates, co-creates, and implements equitable change for the good of the organization and/or community
• Engaging Community: Builds bridges with others in the community to ensure the Y’s work is community-focused and welcoming of all, providing community benefit
• Philanthropy: Secures resources and support to advance the Y’s work
• Inclusion: Values all people for their unique talents, and takes an active role in promoting practices that support diversity, inclusion, and global work, as well as cultural competence
• Fiscal Management: Manages the Y’s resources responsibly and sustains the Y’s nonprofit business model
• Developing Self & Others: Develops self and supports others (e.g., staff, volunteers, members, program participants), both formally and informally, to achieve their highest potential