Outdoor Education Coordinator
|Outdoor Education Coordinator|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$7.50-$9.00 plus onsite housing|
Days & Hours:
|February 10, 2017|
Education & Experience
Under the general direction of the Director of Education and Retreats, the Retreats Coordinator is responsible for being the first point of contact for retreat groups. Duties include but not limited to: answering phone calls and providing help to the general public about YMCA Camp Carter Retreats/Conferences and Challenge Course. Gathering initial information and filling out booking sheets, assisting Director of Education and Retreats with tours, answering emails, producing and distributing contracts, contacting groups about upcoming deadlines for deposits and contracts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS (SPECIALIZED, TECHNICAL, OR PRACTICAL)
• Knowledge or background in customer relations.
• Knowledge of general office practices
• Basic computer skills (i.e. Word and Excel)
• Must be flexible
• Good organizational skills
• Must be a self-starter
• Must have a valid Texas Driver’s License (or be able to obtain) and maintain valid Texas motor vehicle liability insurance
• Ability to obtain and maintain valid First Aid, CPR/AED certifications
• Must pass pre-hire and annual background check
HUMAN RELATIONS SKILLS
• Must be able to communicate effectively with staff and customers.
• Must be able to relate to customers in a confident and professional manner.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Must have a college degree and/or background in office related work; camping, recreation or resort knowledge helpful
• Supervisory experience preferred.
• Spanish fluency is a plus
• Must be able to fill-in for Director of Education and Retreats or Host as needed to ensure groups have a positive and safe experience
• Weekend and evening work may be required at times
PLANNING AND ORGANIZATION
• Maintain Retreat portion of the Master Calendar.
• Keep all forms relation to conference and retreat groups in an organized system.
• Ensure that final numbers, statistics and accounting forms are given to Business Manager in a timely manner to ensure prompt payment
• Under the direction of the Director of Education and Retreats, work with kitchen director, Camp Program Director and other essential staff to make sure we can accommodate more than one rental group on camp grounds any given day.
• Make sure all departments are kept apprised of upcoming group needs
DECISION MAKING AND JUDGMENT
• Make sound decisions without the aid of the Director of Education and Retreats.
• Make decisions that are in line with standards set forth by the YMCA and Texas Department of Health or other regulatory agencies.
• Have the ability to recognize a situation that requires assistance from supervisors and ask for that assistance.
INITIATIVE AND ADAPTABILITY
• Must be flexible and able to adapt to daily changes due to staffing issues, schedule changes, weather or last minute requests
• Must be able to work without constant instruction and direction
• Must be able to assess your personal work load against that of others in the office and ask to assist others or ask for assistance
• Express creativity that could help drive program improvements and changes
COMMUNICATION AND CONFIDENTIALITY
• Maintain effective and professional communication with camp staff, program participants and volunteers.
• Maintain discretion when dealing with confidential data or information regarding supervised employees.
COST CONTROL AND FINANCIAL DEVELOPMENT
• Must be able to work within expense budget.
• Market to and recruit new groups for rental in order to meet and/or exceed budgeted revenue.
• Realize your department is one part of the whole and success and failures effect everyone
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS
• Requires moderate physical exertion needed for the set-up of tables, chairs, and lesson activities
• May be called upon to help clean facilities if needed
• Must be able to lift or carry up to 70 lbs.
• Must be able to adjust to various weather conditions
• Answer phones calls as related to Retreats and Challenge Course groups
• Gain knowledge and be available to answer phone calls regarding all other camp programs
• Greet and provide a high level of customer service to all customers
• Give tours when needed
• Gather information - keep program statistics and volunteer tracking up to date monthly. Provide reports timely to business manager
• Be familiar with website and help customers/parents navigate website and online registration
• Keep and manage updated booking calendar to ensure no scheduling conflicts.
• Maintain an organized system of booking, contraction, planning, executing, and billing of rental groups and challenge course groups.
• Send information / form packets to customers timely
• Ensure deposits, signed contracts, purchase orders, insurance waivers, menus and release forms are collected in a timely manner so as to stay ahead of depart deadlines
• Fill out group sheets to ensure that other departments have all information necessary to effectively do their jobs (i.e. meal times, food to be served, number of participants, ride times, adults vs. youth, etc.).
• Send out thank-you letters or other correspondence to customers letting them know we appreciate their business
• Assist with marketing calls as directed by Director of Education and Retreats
• Assist with helping camp to raise funds for the Annual Campaign
• All other duties as assigned