Overnight Camp CIT Coordinator
|Overnight Camp CIT Coordinator|
|YMCA Camp Carter|
|$250 - $275 per week; includes meals and housing|
Days & Hours:
|June 5, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Models the YMCA Core Values: Caring, Honesty, Respect, & Responsibility.
• A commitment to working with a diverse staff and camper population.
• Ability to relate well to others
• 21 years of age or older
• Enthusiastic, engaged and professional personality.
• Basic level of personal physical fitness.
• Flexible approach to working hours, and responsibilities.
• Experience in a leadership role a plus.
• Ability to follow instructions and schedules.
• Experience working with teenagers.
• Summer camp experience, a plus.
• Facilitates a culture of respect and involvement among all campers and staff.
• Role model for all staff, and campers, especially LIT’s and CIT’s
• Ability to intervene in behavioral issues with campers, and implement behavioral policies.
• Willing to assist in specialized activities.
• Actively participates in developing programming and activities for each CIT week, along with the Overnight Camp Leadership
• Effectively communicates the camp rules, procedures, and schedule to CIT’s.
• Supervises a check in or check out procedure.
• Actively involved in traditional camp activities such as flag raise, award ceremony, and all camp activities.
• Effectively communicates with parents in a professional manner at all times.
• Effectively communicates with Overnight Camp leadership at all times.
• Helps CIT’s build goals for themselves, and what they’d like to achieve from their experience.
• Assists in Camp staff training.
• Must participate in CPR & First Aid classes.
• Willingness to become Lifeguard certified.
• Uses the CIT’s to assist in the running of Camp activities as needed.
• Willingness to become Challenge Course certified.
• Maintains necessary records and completes requested forms and reports (e.g. incident report, maintenance report).
• Report all incidences/ problems to the Overnight Camp director.
• Assists in building a quality leadership program, including service projects in and outside of camp.
• Respond to parent feedback, helping parents with problems/ requests.
• Ensures CIT’s are supervised, and in ratio at all times.
• Ensure CIT’s are active at all times, maintains a balance between work projects and fun activities.
• Coordinate with the Day Camp LIT Coordinator during cabin and evening activities.
• Acts as a role model for campers. Maintaining a professional relationship at all times.
• Encourages a culture of respect for camp’s grounds, equipment, and each other. This includes activity equipment, picking up trash and so on.
• Ability to manage workload, asking for help when needed.
• Attend some extra Camp activities such as, open houses, overnight stays, parent evenings.
• Works with Camp Director to implement fundraising opportunities to achieve camp’s Step Up For Kids fundraising goal.
• Reports directly to the Camp Director.
• Marketing. Help to cross promote other camp programs, building an environment of “one camp” inclusion for all.
• Communicates with Day Camp LIT coordinators to work together when it can benefit either program.
• Uses CIT’s to assist program where needed.
• Encourage CIT’s to take part in service projects, educating them about the need to serve and help our community.
• Help Day Camp achieve its Annual Campaign donation goal.
This position is required to stay in cabins overnight with campers. Applicant must be able to work from May 16th until August 18th, 2017. Pay range is between $250 and $275 per week and includes meals and housing.
Please e-mail a cover letter, a resume, a list of five references and the directions for your favorite team building activity to Jessica Wilmoth (firstname.lastname@example.org). Place “Overnight Camp CIT” in the subject line.Apply Now