Parent’s Night Out – Lead Position
|Parent's Night Out - Lead Position|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
Minimum age 17.
Certifications: ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), First Aid.
One year of experience working with children in a childcare setting.
Ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, and YMCA staff.
Exhibit maturity and show general concern for the well-being of children.
Present self as a good role model.
1. Serve as the lead staff person in the childwatch area, address concerns as they arise, support parents when questions arise and ensure that the flow of the shift is in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
2. Engage a YMCA supervisor when additional support is needed.
3. Use good judgement and resourcefulness in order to prevent adverse effects regarding situations with children.
4. Follows YMCA policies and procedures, including those related to medical and disciplinary situations, child abuse prevention and emergencies.
5. Records participant attendance as required.
6. Supervise play and game activities of small children and maintain an orderly environment.
7. Create an environment where families feel welcome and maintain open communications with parents.
8. Responsible for the cleanliness of work area.
9. May prepare snacks and refreshments.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Values- Accepts and demonstrates the Y’s values.
Inclusion- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
Relationships- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
Developing Others- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
Quality Results- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
Project Management- Establishes goals, clarifies tasks, plans work, and actively participates in meetings.