|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
|Based on certifications & experience|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Current national certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, YMCA, NSCA, or Cooper Institute required. Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications
• Have at least 6 months experience within the fitness field
• Possess a positive attitude and have an outgoing personality
• Ability to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions, and communities
• Effectively instruct personal-training clients while following the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth program guidelines, guidelines set by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and guidelines set by the YMCA Medical Advisory Committee.
• Review clients’ medical history and assess their physical condition, understand the client’s goals, and design an exercise program that will help the client attain these goals.
• Effectively explain all fitness assessment procedures and answer questions that may arise.
• Explain how the fitness center equipment is properly used.
• Perform Fitness Orientations for new members.
• Must be flexible and prepared to adjust to the availability of equipment.
• The Personal Trainer is responsible for screening individual’s medical histories and current health status to identify major health risk factors; administering fitness assessment procedures and counseling individuals regarding assessment results; providing a safe and effective fitness program for the client while educating him/her on the use of exercise equipment.