Personal Trainer / Wellness Coach
|Personal Trainer / Wellness Coach|
|Health & Wellness|
Days & Hours:
|Flexible (Mornings, Evenings & Weekends)|
Education & Experience
• Each candidate will have a formal interview, which may include a written and practical assessment, to demonstrate knowledge and competency as a personal trainer.
• Current national certification from ACE, ACSM, YMCA, NSCA, or Cooper Institute preferred.
• Current CPR, FirstAid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications.
• Prefer at least 6 months experience within the fitness field.
• Possess a positive attitude and have an out going personality ability to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions, and communities.
• Effectively instruct personal-training clients while following the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth program guidelines, guidelines set by the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM), and guidelines set by the YMCA Medical Advisory • Committee.
• Review clients’ medical history and assess their physical condition, understand the client’s goals, and design an exercise program that will help the client attain these goals.
• Effectively explain all fitness assessment procedures and answer questions that may arise.
• Explain how the fitness center equipment is properly used.
• Perform Fitness Orientations for new members.
• Must have flexible hours.
• The Personal Trainer is responsible for screening individual’s medical histories and current health status to identify major health risk factors.
• Administering fitness assessment procedures and counseling individuals regarding assessment results.
• Providing a safe and effective fitness program for the member while educating him/her on the use of exercise equipment.