Sports & Aquatics Director
|Sports & Aquatics Director|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|$16.00/hour - $18.25/hour|
Days & Hours:
|Monday-Friday, occasional night and weekend work required|
|Thursday, November 30, 2017|
Education & Experience
The Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA is looking for a new leader to join the team and support the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Sports & Aquatics Director will lead the development of and implementation of high quality youth sports and aquatics programs. The ideal candidate must have a demonstrated track record of delivering high-quality youth programs and/or aquatics programs, combine with the ability to manage the administrative components of program operations. Strong organizational and time management skills are necessary to ensure that the participants and families have a high quality experience at the Y. Responsibilities include supervision and training of the program staff along with new and innovative ideas to grow and expand existing programs. This is a full time nonexempt position. The director will need to be available to work weekends, as this is when many of the games take place.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field preferred.
• 1-2 years of previous youth sports or aquatics experience.
• YMCA Lifeguard and/or Swim Instructor certification, LGI a plus.
• Previous supervisory experience in customer service preferred.
• Experience in sports officiating and/or management is preferred.
• Four or more years of program experience, preferably in a YMCA or other nonprofit agency.
• Ability to direct programs through supervision of volunteers and staff, development and monitoring of budgets, marketing and public relations, program development and fund-raising.
• Prefer knowledge of and previous experience with, diverse populations.
• Proven track record of developing authentic and deepened relationships with others.
• Ability to establish and maintain collaborations with community organizations.
• YMCA Team Leader or Multi-team/Branch Leader certification preferred.
• ASHI CPR Pro and First Aid certifications will be required.
• Directs and supervises program activities to meet the needs of the community and fulfill YMCA objectives. Expands youth sports and aquatics programs within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
• Establishes new program activities and expands program within the community in accordance with strategic and operating plans.
• Recruits, hires, trains, develops, schedules and directs staff and volunteers as needed. Reviews and evaluates staff performance. Develops strategies to motivate staff and achieve goals.
• Assists in the marketing and distribution of program information, may organize and schedule program registrations. May review and process program scholarship applications.
• Develops and monitors program budget to meet fiscal objectives.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships with community organizations.
• Coordinates use of facilities for program activities and events.
• Assists in YMCA fund raising activities and special events.
• Models relationship-building skills in all interactions. Responds to all member and community inquiries and complaints in timely manner.
• May assist with Program Committee meetings.
• Compiles program statistics. Monitors and evaluates the effectiveness of and participation in programs.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
Values - Models and teaches the Y’s values.
Inclusion - Champions inclusion activities, strategies, and initiatives.
Relationships - Builds relationships to create small communities.
Communication - Effectively tailors communications to the appropriate audience.
Developing Others - Provides staff with feedback, coaching, guidance, and support.
Quality Results - Holds staff accountable for high-quality results using a formal process to measure progress.
Project Management - Develops plans and manages best practices through engagement of team.