|Airport Area YMCA|
|Health & Wellness|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
• Must hold nationally recognized personal training certification from at least one of the following groups: YMCA of the USA, AFAA, ACE, CIAR, or NETA.
• Must also complete required safety trainings including CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse.
• 6+ months of specific skills to teach classes
• Be able to teach / lead exercise classes.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our fitness programs.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Teach group exercise class.
• Must follow scheduled formats, keep accurate records of attendance, make announcements before or after class as requested by director, report faulty equipment to supervisor.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.