|Swim Coach (Masters)|
|Amon G. Carter, Jr. Downtown YMCA|
|Varying based upon experience|
Days & Hours:
Education & Experience
Minimum age of 18 and working knowledge and experience with a competitive swim environment.
Certifications: YMCA Principles of Competitive Swimming and Diving, YMCA Lifeguard certification or YMCA Aquatic Safety
Assistant certification, ASHI Basic Life Support (ASHI CPR Pro), Basic First Aid certification and Emergency Oxygen.
Must be able to demonstrate swim instructor skills in accordance with YMCA standards.
1. Instructs participants on the swim team in accordance with YMCA guidelines.
2. Builds effective, authentic relationships with participants and parents; helps them connect with each other and the YMCA.
Encourages parent involvement and identifies potential volunteers.
3. Conveys information on aquatics programs and schedules and as appropriate refers participants and parents to other
4. Maintains records as required (i.e. attendance, progress reports, etc.).
5. Attends staff meetings and trainings as scheduled.
6. Follows all YMCA policies, rules, regulations and procedures, including emergency and safety procedures. Completes
incident and accident reports as necessary.
7. Organizes and puts away needed class equipment. Reports damaged equipment.
8. Trains and supervises class aides as assigned.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.