|Seasonal - Summer|
|Based on Expirence|
Days & Hours:
|Must be able to work at least 3 days a week Monday through Sunday during May - September. Looking for Lifeguards to guard Monday - Sunday 8:00am-8:00pm, hours may vary.|
Education & Experience
• Must be at least 16 years old.
• Instructors should have an aquatic background including certifications in Swim Instructing, CPR and First Aid.
• Instructors must complete YMCA aquatic training as directed by the operating promises put forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth.
• Instructors must be knowledgeable of all rules and regulations related to the use of the aquatic facilities in accordance with the Aquatic Handbook.
• Instructors must know and be able to correctly demonstrate and assess all swim skills, both on deck and in the water.
• Instructors should be able to motivate, evaluate, and communicate with participants.
• Conduct classes in accordance with National YMCA programs.
• Create and implement lesson plans that develop skills, personal growth, leadership, cooperation with others, and appreciation for individual differences. Modify and update as needed.
• Improve personal and professional growth through study and attendance at appropriate training sessions.
• Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance while on duty.
• Follow established procedures for instructing as outlined in the Aquatic Handbook and training. Do not assume any activity that would cause you to be distracted from watching the participants.
• Know and follow the correct procedures for handling emergencies and accidents.
• Communicate student progress to swimmers and/or parents.
• Maintain accurate records, including attendance, skill sheets, certificates or cards, and evaluation sheets.
• Keep the pool area neat by keeping all pool equipment out of the path of traffic and immediately reporting any problems (such as unclean or hazardous areas) to maintenance.
• Keep an accurate and up-to-date time card.
• Attend meetings and training as required.
• Uphold and exemplify the principles of the YMCA.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• All essential functions of a lifeguard are included.