|Hood County YMCA|
Days & Hours:
|Varies; pool open 7 days a week|
•Instructors should have an aquatic background including certifications in Lifeguard, CPR and First Aid.
• Instructors must complete YMCA aquatic training as directed by the operating promises put forth by the YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth.
• Instructors must be knowledgeable of all rules and regulations related to the use of the aquatic facilities in accordance with the Aquatic Handbook.
• Swim instructors must know and be able to correctly demonstrate and assess all swim skills, both on deck and in the water. Instructors should be able to motivate, evaluate, and communicate with participants.
• Conduct classes in accordance with National YMCA programs.
• Create and implement lesson plans that develop skills, personal growth, leadership, cooperation
with others, and appreciation for individual differences. Modify and update as needed.
• Improve personal and professional growth through study and attendance at appropriate training
• Maintain a neat and well-groomed appearance while on duty.
• Follow established procedures for instructing as outlined in the Aquatic Handbook and training.
• Do not assume any activity that would cause you to be distracted from watching the partipants.
• Know and follow the correct procedures for handling emergencies and accidents.
• Communicate student progress to swimmers and/or parents.
• Maintain accurate records, including attendance, skill sheets, certificates or cards, and evaluation
• Keep the pool area neat by keeping all pool equipment out of the path of traffic and immediately
reporting any problems (such as unclean or hazardous areas) to maintenance.
• Keep an accurate and up-to-date time card.
• Attend meetings and training as required.
• Uphold and exemplify the principles of the YMCA.
• Perform all other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• All essential functions of a lifeguard are included.