|Health & Wellness|
Days & Hours:
|Available evenings and Saturdays|
Education & Experience
• Must hold current certification.
• Must also complete required safety training including CPR, First Aid, Blood Borne Pathogens, and Child Abuse.
• Be able to teach / lead exercise classes.
• Must be able to create / follow choreography.
• Must be able to build relationships with members.
• Dynamic, highly motivating, and energetic relationship builder with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Must be committed to the YMCA mission and dedicated to serving our members through our fitness programs.
• Must be able to articulate the YMCA mission and core values to YMCA members and perspective members.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety and to ensure that members’ needs are being met.
• Must be well-organized, reliable, punctual, and professional.
• Teach group exercise class.
• Must follow scheduled formats, keep accurate records of attendance, make announcements before or after class as requested by director, report faulty equipment to supervisor.
• Must be able to demonstrate proper form, technique, and body alignment specific to class format for the duration of the class.
• Must be able to evaluate a constantly changing environment for safety.
• Must be well organized and responsible for schedule, punctual, and be able to communicate verbally and non-verbally.
• Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. repeatedly.
• Is mentally alert to recognize potential hazards and accidents, and both physically and mentally able to respond to emergencies and perform CPR and First Aid.