Water Aerobics Instructor
|Water Aerobics Instructor|
|Hood County YMCA|
|Aquatics, Health & Wellness|
Days & Hours:
|Various days and nights|
Education & Experience
• Current national certification from ACE, ACSM, AFAA, YMCA, NSCA, or Cooper Institute required
• SCW or YMCA Water Fit Instructor required.
• Current CPR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen Administration certifications
• Bloodborne Pathogen and Child Abuse training (offered after you are hired)
• Ability to relate and communicate well with individuals of all ages, races, religions,
• YASA or Lifeguard
• At least six months of experience teaching group fitness classes
• The ability to teach a variety of class formats is highly desirable
• High Energy and ability to motivate a variety of fitness levels
• Flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends
• Providing safe and effective fitness classes
• Availability to substitute for other instructors
• Assist lifeguards with scanning of class participants in the pool
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Community- Demonstrates a desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
• Inclusion- Works effectively with people of different backgrounds, abilities, opinions, and perceptions.
• Relationships- Builds rapport and relates well to others.
• Influence- Seeks first to understand the other person’s point of view and remains calm in challenging situations.
• Communication- Listens for understanding and meaning; speaks and writes effectively.
• Developing Others- Takes initiative to assist in developing others.
• Innovation- Embraces new approaches and discovers ideas to create a better member experience.
• Quality Results- Strives to meet or exceed goals and deliver a high-value experience for members.
• Change Capacity- Demonstrates an openness to change, and seeks opportunities in the change process