Youth Obesity Prevention Program Leader
|Youth Obesity Prevention Program Leader|
|Hood County YMCA|
|Child Care, Sports|
|Depending on experience|
Days & Hours:
|Weekday afternoons, with the possibility of additional hours|
|September 1, 2017|
Education & Experience
• Must be 18 years or older
• High School graduate or equivalent
• CPR/First Aid preferred
• A minimum of 6 months of experience working with children in a childcare setting, recreational or education setting strongly preferred
• Must have the ability to communicate effectively with children, parents, school personnel and YMCA staff.
• Presents self as a good role model.
• Must pass a criminal history background check
• Ability to lead children in physical activities such as age appropriate sports, games and exercise activities
• Responsible for delivering activities at the school site and for helping children to achieve and learn new skills.
• Responsible for the safety of all children in their assigned group at all times with the assistance of the site leader at each school
• Must have the ability to guide positive behavior and foster a sense of belonging among participants
• Must be able to communicate effectively and build quality relationships with children, school personnel and other YMCA staff