The YMCA is a resource for adults to enhance their total health and well-being. The YMCA provides programs and opportunities for adults to learn, volunteer and build strong communities in their own neighborhood.
YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program
As a leading nonprofit for strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y believes that all people should be able to live life to its fullest, healthiest potential.
In the YMCA’s Diabetes Prevention Program a trained lifestyle coach will introduce topics in a supportive, small group environment and encourage participants as they explore how healthy eating, physical activity and behavior changes can benefit their health.
What is prediabetes?
Prediabetes occurs when blood sugar levels are higher than normal but not high enough for a type 2 diabetes diagnosis. Risk for developing type 2 diabetes may be reduced or eliminated by weight loss, healthier eating and increased physical activity. More than 86 million Americans have prediabetes and are at risk of developing diabetes.
Prediabetes may be reversible; diabetes has no cure.
- The 12-month group-based program consists of 16 one-hour, weekly sessions, followed by monthly sessions led by a trained lifestyle coach who facilitates a small group of people with similar goals.
- Discuss topics such as healthy eating, increasing physical activity, reducing stress, problem solving, and much more.
- Stay motivated to maintain progress towards program goals with monthly maintenance sessions.
You do not have to be a member of the YMCA to participate in this program – participants will get a 1 year membership to the Fort Worth YMCA.
- Lose 7% of your body weight
- Gradually increase your physical activity to 150 minutes per week.
The Benbrook Community Center YMCA does not currently have any adult sport teams, however if you are looking for a great adult pick-up basketball game, come during open gym hours.
Also, if you are a Plus member, stop by the Downtown YMCA Monday-Friday at lunch to join their popular basketball community in a game or two.
Have you heard about Pickleball yet?
Well, it’s a Big DILL!
Pickleball is a paddle sport that combines tennis, badminton and ping pong.
Come check it out and see what it’s all about! Games are on Tuesdays and Fridays 10:15am-12:15pm.
For more information contact Lauren Partesius at LPartesius@ymcafw.org!
Personal training is an individualized one-on-one program with a certified personal trainer that is directed to assist you in achieving and maintaining a desired fitness level through strength training, cardiovascular conditioning and weight management. Whether you are looking to lose a few pounds, maintain, or even become a better athlete we have a trainer for you.
Personal Training Rates
$50 for one one hour session
6 Sessions: $260
12 Sessions: $399
Meet your Wellness Staff:
Y Warrior is our new and improved intense strength and conditioning program taught by our nationally certified personal trainers. Y Warrior is for YMCA members of all fitness levels and anyone looking for a challenge! With skilled instructors and motivating teammates,
you can not only set, but destroy your goals!
Healthy Living Menu:
From Wellness Consultations to Personal training, we have you covered.
Group Exercise Classes
Group Exercise is Your Way to Live Better!
From traditional aerobics to danced-based classes, the YMCA offers a variety of classes to engage those who want to get their workout in a social, group format. Classes available at the Airport Area YMCA are listed below.
Classes are an excellent way to get back into a workout routine!
- No time to exercise? Check the schedule to find a class that works when you’re available.
- Not sure what to do when you get to the gym? Let our instructors expand your exercise repertoire.
- Not enough hours in the day? Come to a class to make the absolute most of your time.
- Out of excuses? Here’s what we have to offer: Check out our Group Exercise Schedule.
Not all classes are available at all location.