Want To Be A Lifeguard?
To learn more about or to register for classes to become a certified lifeguard email Melissa Kelley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Waterpark – Opens May 29, 2017!
Sign up for Summer Swim Lessons and receive 100% off your membership joining fee, which could save you as much as $40 per session per child.
Register Online or In-House – The Joshua YMCA is a great place to learn to swim or brush up on your current abilities. We offer sessions at 9am, 9:45am and 10:30am
Private Swim Lessons
Must Register In-House at the Joshua YMCA!! Looking for individual guidance on proper stroke, breathing, and overall skills? Try private lessons, where these one hour sessions give you a week’s worth of tailor-made lessons.
Register Online or In-House – These 9:40am sessions are great to help your little one get comfortable in the water in a fun and safe environment. Often referred to as “Mommy and Me” classes, you will have the opportunity to be in the water with your child as your instructor is there to help teach you and your child water safety and fun.
Register Online or In-House – These 4 week Saturday sessions are a great way to learn to swim with a busy schedule.
- Children ages 7 and under must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the pool area
- Children ages 8-13 must have an adult in the pool area or within the Joshua YMCA facility at all times
- Children ages 14 and older must be checked in at the Front Desk by an adult, but may swim alone
**All Children must complete the swim test in order to be in the deep end and/or use the slide. Swim testing occurs on the hour, every hour for 15 minutes. Test will be administered in the slide lane.
- Running is not allowed on the pool deck.
- No diving at any time.
- Lifeguard has full authority in enforcing rules.
- Patrons must wear appropriate swim attire when entering the pool.
- No glass or gum is allowed on the pool deck (plastic containers only).
- Only coast guard approved flotation devices are permitted.
- Showers are required before entering the water.
- Smoking, alcoholic beverages, and/or chewing tobacco is not allowed.
- Children who are not toilet trained are required to wear swim diapers.
- Each member is allowed to bring one guest there is a $5.00 guest fee. All guests 17 years or younger must be accompanied by a legal guardian (18 years old or older) to sign the YMCA release form. Photo ID is required.
- Food is not allowed on the pool deck.
- Waiting lines will begin when capacity of the pool is met. Those who leave the pool will have to wait in the line to re-enter.