At the YMCA, we offer many opportunities for you to reach your wellness goals, feel your best and enrich your life. Group exercise classes, personal training, FitStart and MobileFit are just a few of the ways the YMCA can help you improve your health and wellbeing.
Youth & Teens
Parent’s Do Your Children Get Enough Exercise At School? Do They Seem To Have A Lot Of Energy After School or Not Enough Energy? Do You Want Them To Walk Away From The TV/Video Games And Get Some Exercise?
If any of these things are a challenge for your family bring your children to the Northpark YMCA! We now offer a full Group Exercise Schedule for both you and your children!
Check out our Group Exercise Schedule.
Teen & Tween Fitness Center Orientation
Teens and Tweens are given a specially designed workout program to fit their age appropriate abilities. The session is 30 minutes where a certified Personal Trainer will go over gym etiquette, age appropriate workout program and answer questions from parents and teen. Your childs safety and long-term health and well-being are our number one priority!
Set the appointment with a Northpark YMCA Wellness Coach. At the Front Desk or through a Wellness Coach/Personal Trainer.
We offer appointments Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and Monday – Thursday 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Saturday 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
Once the appointment is made you need to come in 5 minutes before your scheduled appointment ready to exercise. Our Wellness Coach will meet you in the Common Area directly behind the Front Desk.
Contact Wellness Director, Jessica Powell, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 817-993-1333 x 15 to learn more about this Youth Wellness Program.
Wellness Center Age Rules
The health and safety of your children is very important to the staff of your Northpark YMCA.
- Children ages 14 and Up may workout alone in the Wellness Center
- Children ages 12-15 may workout in the Wellness Center after completing a Teen & Tween Wellness Center Orientation.
- Children ages 8-11 must be accompanied by an adult 21 years of age or older. They will be issued a badge so that they are identified as having gone through the orientation. Please be sure to bring that badge each time.
- Children under the age of 10 may not use the Wellness Center. We do offer KidFit Classes, Family Group Exercise Classes, and a Youth Zone area for children under the age of 10.
Youth Group Fitness Program
Offering group exercise to our kids is a way to keep them active while you take your favorite class or exercise in the facility. Ages 6- 12 years are welcome to join our classes. Please be sure to sign them into class in our Youth Zone area.
Life Changing Challenge
It takes 21 days to form a habit. Let the YMCA help you form new habits this year. Try our 21-day Life Changing Challenge! PLUS, earn a free shirt at the end of your Life Changing Challenge as well as other great bonuses.
• 3 free appointments with trainer/coach in 3 weeks
• We’ll help you with wellness goals and help identify your barriers to success
• Equipment-based orientation
• Trainer/coach will help you decide on an exercise plan and will explain every exercise
What are you waiting for? It’s FREE. Stop by the Welcome Center to register for your LIFE CHANGING CHALLENGE today! Ask any fitness staff member for details.
Available for Y members only.
Whether it’s boot camp, HIIT, or TRX, workouts are more motivating with friends!
Be sure to sign up for the next group training session.
We’ve teamed up with Luke’s Locker to provide FREE running clinics. The experts from Luke’s will assess your running form and make recommendations for improvement. Don’t miss the next one.