1. Staff will not verbally, physically, emotionally, or sexually abuse a child.
2. Staff will not be alone with children except with prior approval of senior management or in an emergency.
3. Staff will not use profanity in the presence of children, parents, participants, or other staff.
4. Staff will not display intimate affection towards others in the presence of children, parents or other participants.
5. Staff will not accept gifts or money from children, parents or other participants, nor will staff give gifts or money to children, parents or other participants.
6. Staff/volunteers will not socialize, associate, or provide services (such as babysitting, private lessons, etc.) for program participants under the age of 18 years outside of YMCA activities. There will be no exceptions unless individually approved by the President/CEO.
7. Staff will report any suspected abuse or neglect of a child to the Child Protective Services ofThe Texas Department of Protective and Regulatory Services and law enforcement agencies, as required by Texas State law.
8. Staff will, at all times, portray a positive role model for children and youth by demonstrating respect, loyalty, patience, courtesy, tact, and maturity.
9. Staff will treat all children, regardless of age, race, religion, ethnicity, gender, or disability with respect, compassion and kindness.
10. Staff will use only positive techniques of guidance and discipline, such as anticipation and prevention of potential problems, positive reinforcement and encouragement, and redirection.
11. Staff will never leave a child unsupervised.
12. Staff will appear clean, neat and appropriately dressed.
13. Staff will not attend work with physical or psychological conditions that might adversely affect children’s health or safety.
14. Staff will not use tobacco products during working hours in the presence of children or parents.
15. Staff will not use, possess, or be under the influence of alcohol, inhalants, or illegal drugs during working hours.